Ian Dunn showed a good approach wordpress plugin customization. He gave four different ways to do so:
- Use hooks: First we will see if there is any hooks available to modify the plugin as we need.
- Extend without modifying: We will write a separate plugin that runs along side the main plugin that we are customizing.
- Adding custom hooks: Add some custom hooks in the plugin, and then write a separate plugin using the custom hook to modify the main plugin.
- Overriding callbacks: We can replace a plugin's callbacks with our own callbacks. And in our callbacks, we will call functions of other plugins that will replace the main plugin.
- wp_template project structure:
- -- project
List of my works:
- Product Based Quantity Wise Shipping: Find it here.
- OpenSSLCOMMERZ: integrate SSLCOMMERZ with opencart: Find it here.
- Fine Search v.1.0 - Improves Opencart search feature to find relevant: Find it here.
- Opensweetcaptcha - An easy way to generate attractive captcha for your system!: Find it here.
- Custom Field Product - add unlimited custom fields to the product form: Find it here.
- Formcaptcha - add captcha on the register page: Find it here.