There is a class to truncate a rich text on the specific number of character or word number: http://www.pjgalbraith.com/2011/11/truncating-text-html-with-php/. This class uses php's DOMDocument. It parses each DOM element and count the characters appropriately. I have updated the pattern in the regular expression to allow all non space characters.
preg_match_all('/[\d\w ]+/us',$newEle->textContent,$m);The textContent method only returns the text contents within a DOM.
See the book OpenCart 1.4 Template Design Cookbook.
See the book Joomla Mobile Development Beginners Guide
List of my works:
- Product Based Quantity Wise Shipping: Find it here.
- OpenSSLCOMMERZ: integrate SSLCOMMERZ with opencart: Find it here.
- Fine Search v.1.0 - Improves Opencart search feature to find relevant: Find it here.
- Opensweetcaptcha - An easy way to generate attractive captcha for your system!: Find it here.
- Custom Field Product - add unlimited custom fields to the product form: Find it here.
- Formcaptcha - add captcha on the register page: Find it here.