First of all think of our page as a collection of blocks. We will create each different view files for each block. So, when we want to show a block we simply load that view file and pass it into the variable in the controller, like the following way:
$this->_data['news_right_column'] = $this->load->view('common/news_right',$this->_data, TRUE);
Suppose, news_right has the following content in it:
Hello worldin the view file where we want to show the block, need to write the following code:
echo $news_right_column;So, when we don't want to show the block, we simply remove the above code.
See the book OpenCart 1.4 Template Design Cookbook.
See the book Joomla Mobile Development Beginners Guide
List of my works:
- Product Based Quantity Wise Shipping: Find it here.
- OpenSSLCOMMERZ: integrate SSLCOMMERZ with opencart: Find it here.
- Fine Search v.1.0 - Improves Opencart search feature to find relevant: Find it here.
- Opensweetcaptcha - An easy way to generate attractive captcha for your system!: Find it here.
- Custom Field Product - add unlimited custom fields to the product form: Find it here.
- Formcaptcha - add captcha on the register page: Find it here.