First, we need to download our library. Then we need to place it under the Application-> library folder.
As it is an extended version of Form Validation, so, we can have it by loading our form validation library.
Now we will set rule for our upload field like this:
$this-form_validation->set_rules('userfile', 'Profile Picture', 'required|allowed_types[jpg,png,jpeg]|max_file_size');
Here by allowed_types[jpg,png,jpeg] we mean our allowed types are jpg, png and jpeg. And with max_file_size we set the maximum bytes that is allowed to upload.
$this-form_validation->set_message('allowed_types','Please upload jpg, jpeg and png types');
With this we can set custom messages for our rules.
Documentation of Codeigniter Extend MY Form Validation Library.
Weakness of Codeigniter Form Validation Library
See the book OpenCart 1.4 Template Design Cookbook.
See the book Joomla Mobile Development Beginners Guide
List of my works:
- Product Based Quantity Wise Shipping: Find it here.
- OpenSSLCOMMERZ: integrate SSLCOMMERZ with opencart: Find it here.
- Fine Search v.1.0 - Improves Opencart search feature to find relevant: Find it here.
- Opensweetcaptcha - An easy way to generate attractive captcha for your system!: Find it here.
- Custom Field Product - add unlimited custom fields to the product form: Find it here.
- Formcaptcha - add captcha on the register page: Find it here.