the Form Validation library only validates $_POST fields. so, if we have a upload image in our form, this validation library always shows that the uploaded field is empty.
we set the validation rule for our upload field as follows:
$val->set_rules('userfile', 'Profile Picture', 'required');
This is because our uploaded file resides in the $_FILES variable, not in the $_POST field. So, we need to make some way to validate our $_FILES variable.
See my extended Form Validation library for codeigniter. This weakness has been overcome.
Documentation of Codeigniter Extend MY Form Validation Library.
See the book OpenCart 1.4 Template Design Cookbook.
See the book Joomla Mobile Development Beginners Guide
List of my works:
- Product Based Quantity Wise Shipping: Find it here.
- OpenSSLCOMMERZ: integrate SSLCOMMERZ with opencart: Find it here.
- Fine Search v.1.0 - Improves Opencart search feature to find relevant: Find it here.
- Opensweetcaptcha - An easy way to generate attractive captcha for your system!: Find it here.
- Custom Field Product - add unlimited custom fields to the product form: Find it here.
- Formcaptcha - add captcha on the register page: Find it here.