If we can, we should avoid using .htaccess file mainly for the following 2 reasons –
1. When we set AllowOverride property to allow modification in .htaccess files, then the server checks every directory for .htaccess file. This hit the performance.
2. Second one is security. We are allowing users to change server configuration. So, it may become a security hole.
List of my works:
- Product Based Quantity Wise Shipping: Find it here.
- OpenSSLCOMMERZ: integrate SSLCOMMERZ with opencart: Find it here.
- Fine Search v.1.0 - Improves Opencart search feature to find relevant: Find it here.
- Opensweetcaptcha - An easy way to generate attractive captcha for your system!: Find it here.
- Custom Field Product - add unlimited custom fields to the product form: Find it here.
- Formcaptcha - add captcha on the register page: Find it here.