Xml provides many qualities of databases.
1. Storage: Xml documents.
2. Schemas: DTDs, Xml schemas.
3. Query languages: Xpath, Xquery.
4. Programming interfaces: SAX, DOM.
And it also lacks some of the cool features of databases.
5. Efficient storage.
6. Multi user access.
8. Queries across multiple documents.
So, xml can be used as a database for few users, small amount of data. But for product environment where there will larger data, huge user, need data integrity, there needs databases. So, there is very little advantage to use xml as a database.
List of my works:
- Product Based Quantity Wise Shipping: Find it here.
- OpenSSLCOMMERZ: integrate SSLCOMMERZ with opencart: Find it here.
- Fine Search v.1.0 - Improves Opencart search feature to find relevant: Find it here.
- Opensweetcaptcha - An easy way to generate attractive captcha for your system!: Find it here.
- Custom Field Product - add unlimited custom fields to the product form: Find it here.
- Formcaptcha - add captcha on the register page: Find it here.