Question: What is the primary difference between a method declared as static and a normal method?
1.Static methods can only be called using the :: syntax and never from an instance
2.Static methods do not provide a reference to $this
3.Static methods cannot be called from within class instances
4.Static methods don't have access to the self keyword
5.There is no functional difference between a static and non-static method
See the book OpenCart 1.4 Template Design Cookbook.
See the book Joomla Mobile Development Beginners Guide
List of my works:
- Product Based Quantity Wise Shipping: Find it here.
- OpenSSLCOMMERZ: integrate SSLCOMMERZ with opencart: Find it here.
- Fine Search v.1.0 - Improves Opencart search feature to find relevant: Find it here.
- Opensweetcaptcha - An easy way to generate attractive captcha for your system!: Find it here.
- Custom Field Product - add unlimited custom fields to the product form: Find it here.
- Formcaptcha - add captcha on the register page: Find it here.