To use jmeter first you need to download the latest version from the web. Your need java 4 or latter to be installed in your machine to install jmeter. You need jre also. You have to set the path of jre as the system variable. After unziping the folder, click the jmeter.bat under bin folder. It will open the jmeter. Under the workbench, create proxy http server by right clicking it.You have to change the proxy settings of the browser by going to tools, then options, choose manual proxy settings.Enter localhost and port is 8080. Then restart the website that you want to test. you will see some changes in the jmeter window. Now under test plan , create thread group by right clicking. Then from the listed enteries of the testing site, only copy the section that is for the page, don't take any image,js, css files, that will make huge load for ur testing. Now add some listeners. you can add graph,summary result etc to see the results. And under the thread group, change the number of users to 100 or the number u want to test. This shows the number of users that are concurrently accessing the site.
You can view the result in the listeners. If you want to make another test, just clear all the results.
List of my works:
- Product Based Quantity Wise Shipping: Find it here.
- OpenSSLCOMMERZ: integrate SSLCOMMERZ with opencart: Find it here.
- Fine Search v.1.0 - Improves Opencart search feature to find relevant: Find it here.
- Opensweetcaptcha - An easy way to generate attractive captcha for your system!: Find it here.
- Custom Field Product - add unlimited custom fields to the product form: Find it here.
- Formcaptcha - add captcha on the register page: Find it here.